*All events are free to families and open to school aged children with
Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities,
special needs children and their siblings*
We currently have 2023 programs running!
For current and upcoming events please contact us to be added to our email list!
Events from Years Past
Musical Art Clinic at the West Melbourne Library
Attendees made an assortment of instruments from recycles materials donated by local high school and college students
Spring 2016 Events
- Art Clinics (FULL!) Fridays from February through April 2016 - very small group setting working on a collaborative glass mosaic art project. This project was inspired by a photo of the the mother and baby giraffe at the Brevard Zoo, and presented as a gift from our foundation to Dr. Temple Grandin during her visit at the Safari Under the Stars fundraiser! The Parker Foundation for Autism and Child Development was proud to sponsor the "Breakfast Meet and Greet with Temple Grandin", an up close and personal visit, book signing and inspiring speech by Dr. Temple Grandin that was free of charge to 200 special community invitees including parents, caregivers, educators and organizations that represent the local Autism Spectrum Disorder and related disability population.
Summer 2016 Events
- "Creative Movement with Missy" June 27th 5:30pm to 6:30pm Broadway Bound Dance Centre
- Arts and Crafts clinics: Location - Brevard Zoo; August 11th, 18th and 25th - 4pm to 5pm. Due to the nature of these projects, they are limited in size; registration details will be sent to families via email and based on a first come, first serve basis.
- August 11th - Building Bird Houses (Thank you Lowes Home Improvement for the donation!)
- August 18th - Ongoing Project - Collaborative Glass Tile Mosaic "Sea Turtle!"
- August 25th - Ongoing Project - Collaborative Glass Tile Mosaic "Sea Turtle!"
Fall/Winter 2016 Events
- Ongoing art clinics September through November, time and dates TBA
- November 16th to 18th ART SHOW/FUNDRAISER in partnership with Bridges - more information coming soon!
- December "Holiday Dance Party" at Beachside Dance Club in Satellite Beach, FL - date and time TBA
- December - "Music Clinic" dates and time TBA
PAST EVENTS - Fall/Winter 2015 Events
- Art Clinic Friday, November 13th from 4:30pm to 5:30pm at the Wickham Park Community Center. Project: "Pet Rock Tic-Tac-Toe" Boards for more information please contact Julia Tosi at: email@example.com
- Music Clinic Friday, December 11th from 4:30pm to 5:30pm at the Wickham Park Community Center. Children will be building hand drums and learn basics of music by local musician, Jay DiBella.
Speak Through Arts is a fully funded program offered by and facilitated through The Parker Foundation, which promotes creativity, self expression and accomplishment through exploring different types of crafts and media as well as through the performing arts, dance and yoga. Fine and gross motor skills will be improved as well as opportunities for increased social and communication skills. Families and the public may be invited to shows or performances that will provide the child with a feeling of self accomplishment as well as promoting awareness in the abilities of these children and for the cause.
Our model is focused on a whole family approach, where all children in the family are encouraged to participate in the activities if they like. This builds community and friendships between all children involved and siblings can act as peer models for other children that may need more assistance.
We also utilize volunteer older "Buddies" - junior high and high school aged children who are interested in being role models for younger children and children with special needs, for personal enrichment as well as fulfilling volunteer hours for school or project requirements.